Bring the Stories of Sloss to You!
The Sloss Speaker’s Bureau brings the history, importance, and story of Sloss Furnaces to you! Our Curator and Historian at Sloss Furnaces, Karen Utz, can speak on a number of topics to fit your needs. Whether you need a presentation for your library, organization, luncheon, or any other kind of event or gathering, the Sloss Speaker’s Bureau brings an interesting and educational experience to wherever you are. Some presentations include:
- Sloss Furnaces: The Industrial Evolution of Birmingham’s Iron Plantation
- A Sense of Place: Like It Ain’t Never Passed-Life in Sloss Quarters
- The Role of Convict Labor in the Industrial Development of Birmingham
- Man Food: Recipes from Pig Iron Rough Notes Magazine, 1928-1950
- Music of the Mines, Mills, and Railroads of the Birmingham District
- Tuxedo Junction: Alabama Contribute to American Jazz
- The Haunting of Sloss Furnaces
In addition, we can host these talks at Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark if your group would like to visit us.
Rather than hosting a generic event or gathering, make it unforgettable with one of our fun and informative presentations. We can even tailor the material to make it especially relevant to your location, group, or event. So contact us today to find out exactly how we can help you!
For more information about these topics or to book a presentation, contact Karen Utz at (205) 254-2281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.